On Amazon Prime Day, I bought an Amazon Dot. I wanted to get in on the Alexa game for such a long time, and I finally bought one when it was on crazy sale. I justified it by saying that I would blog about it in some way. I thought I would write some one-off post about a few fun things I found, but as I started compiling my list of Easter Eggs, I found sooooo many fun Easter eggs in a bunch of categories. So I’ve decided to break it down into a few categories, and I’ll do weekly Alexa posts for the next few Fridays.
Alexa is clearly a cinefile. There are so many movie related Easter Eggs that I can’t hope to find them all. So if I missed something, post it in the comments, and tell me what movie it’s from. (You don’t have to spoil the answer, I just want to know what category to put it under.) I’ll add them as I go along (and as I find more, I’ll keep updating.)
Here are some of the Easter Eggs I’ve found so far…
General Movie information:
- Alexa, what is the IMDB rating for ____?
- Alexa, who played [character] in [movie or show]?
- Alexa, what are the showtimes for ____? (Will give local showtimes for specific movie)
- Alexa, who won Best Picture Oscar in 1965? (You can ask pretty much any Oscar winner for any year.)
- Alexa, what is your quest?
- Alexa, what is your favorite color?
- Alexa, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? (You can also ask about European and African swallows.)
- Alexa, how do you know so much about swallows?
- Alexa, I fart in your general direction.
- Alexa, your mother was a hamster!
- Alexa, how do you know she’s a witch?
- Alexa, what have the Romans ever done for us?
- Alexa, I didn’t expect the Spanish Inquisition. (I know it’s from the show, but I wanted to put it with other Monty Python Easter Eggs. Forgive me.)
- Alexa, can you talk like Yoda?
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars Joke.
- Alexa, execute order 66.
- Alexa, I am your father.
- Alexa, may the force be with you.
- Alexa, these aren’t the droids you’re looking for.
- Alexa, that’s no moon. (multiple responses)
- Alexa, who shot first?
- Alexa, let the Wookie win.
- Alexa, do you speak Bochi?
- Alexa, aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?
- Alexa, it’s a trap!
- Alexa, what is the Jedi code?
- Alexa, what is the Sith code?
- Alexa, do you want to build a snowman?
- Alexa, let it go.
- Alexa, Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? (two answers)
- Alexa, what do you call a 3-humped camel?
- Alexa, why are there so many songs about rainbows? (Yes, Disney owns the Muppets now.)
- Alexa, I made my family disappear.
- Alexa, surely you can’t be serious.
- Alexa, party time!
- Alexa, party on, Wayne!
- Alexa, what would Brian Boitano do?
- Alexa, Cinderella story.
- Alexa, volume 11. (This gets loud, beware!)
- Alexa, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!
- Alexa, you’re killin’ me, Smalls.
- Alexa, life is like a box of chocolates.
- Alexa, oh, behave!
- Alexa, the Dude abides.
- Alexa, close the pod bay doors.
- Alexa, are we in the Matrix? (multiple answers)
- Alexa, great Scott!
- Alexa, who you gonna call?
- Alexa, what happens if you cross the streams?
- Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya.
- Alexa, you killed my father.
- Alexa, inconceivable!
- Alexa, are you Skynet?
- Alexa, you remind me of the babe.
- Alexa, what is the first rule of Fight Club?
- Alexa, what is the second rule of Fight Club?
- Alexa, why so serious?
- Alexa, I’ll be back.
- Alexa, this is madness.
- Alexa, they mostly come at night.
- Alexa, I want the truth.
- Alexa, show me the money!
- Alexa, play it again, Sam.
- Alexa, you talk to me?
- Alexa, nobody puts baby in the corner.
- Alexa, say hello to my little friend!
- Alexa, I am Spartacus!
Did I miss anything? Found something new? Let us know in the comments! Alexa is always learning, so help us stay on top of the newest Easter Eggs in the comments below!
Music With Alexa
TV with Alexa
Skills with Alexa
Books with Alexa
Below are an affiliate links to purchase the various Alexa enabled Amazon devices. If you purchase them through my link, I get a small commission, and it doesn’t cost you anything extra. Thank you for helping to support this blog!